The holiday season will be very different this year. For many Chicago hotels, it is an opportunity to reinforce popular traditions in a safe environment or create new (socially-distanced) ones. Here is what some of the biggest hotels in Chicago are up to!
The Peninsula Chicago
At The Peninsula Chicago, celebrate at one of The Magnificent Mile’s most luxurious properties with the Merry and Bright Christmas Family Package, featuring in-room holiday decor, including a Gingerbread playhouse, a holiday welcome amenity, dessert for four courtesy of The Lobby (for up to two adults and two children under 12), an in-room holiday movie library, daily American breakfast and more. The package also includes access to the hotel’s Fitness Centre and indoor, half-Olympic length swimming pool, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi and access to the Peninsula’s “Keys to the City” program. Rooms from $1,250 (USD) per night, Stay dates until December 31, 2020, based on availability. See here for further details.
The Langham Chicago
The Langham Chicago’s Share the Joy Package (available through January 2, 2021) includes luxurious guest room accommodations, festive cocktails and a decadent appetizer available through the Langham’s Private Kitchen (due to Travelle’s temporary closure) and a $100 breakfast credit. See here for details.
- Those who wish to eschew large gatherings and celebrate the holidays in a safe and intimate setting, can book the Peninsula’s one-bedroom suite experience, featuring an three-course in-suite Christmas dinner: calamari, snow crab claws, Prime beef tenderloin with bordelaise, and sticky toffee gingerbread cake delivered directly to your room via Private Kitchen. The Suite Christmas Dinner experience should be confirmed by December 22, 2020. See here for details.
- Those staying on property will also enjoy a new twist on traditional holiday decorating: The Langham Chicago has unveiled Holiday Cake displays made by their exclusive wedding cake provider, Flourish Cake Design. Artfully placed around the lobby, visitors will find a snowy gingerbread skyline (featuring prominent city landmarks made out of gingerbread, icing and fondant), a towering gingerbread Christmas tree with edible ornaments and an inspired Christmas wedding cake. See here for photos.
- Those who prefer to celebrate at home also have the option of purchasing a traditional Langham Christmas Dinner or Afternoon Holiday Tea as a to-go option.
- For Christmas dinner, Executive Chef Damion Henry prepares an unparalleled Christmas feast, including apple-glazed kurobuta ham with brown sugar crust, braised short rib and spinach and garlic tortelloni, before pastry chef Danielle Morelli’s dessert selection of sticky toffee gingerbread cake and peppermint mocha slice ($86.00 per person; additional savories may be added on for an extra price). Dinners can be booked via TOCK and orders will be accepted until December 17th for pick up on December 25th.
- Langham’s Holiday Afternoon Tea of proprietary tea blends and seasonally-inspired treats ($65 per person) can be booked via TOCK and orders must be placed by December 11th for pickup on December 12th and on December 18th for pick up on December 19th.
The Drake Chicago
The Drake Chicago’s Very Merry Drakemas Package includes a decorated guest room with a Christmas tree, a Gingerbread House Kit, and self-parking for one vehicle. From $230 (USD) per evening. See here for details.
- For those families and close friends traveling as part of the “pod” travel trend, the Drake also offers a Deck the Halls Bundle, a series of adjourning guestrooms with an anchoring suite decorated for the holidays. Providing additional space to safely gather, the package can be customized with the number of guest rooms and suites, self-parking inclusions, bundle inclusions for food takeaway at Lavazza, fresh holiday floral arrangements and more. To best tailor this bundle to each family gathering size and to adhere to local and state gathering guidelines, this package can be booked by calling The Drake Hotel directly at 312.787.2200.
Swissotel Chicago two Holiday Penthouse Suites include a welcome amenity of
Moet & Chandon Champagne, daily breakfast, complimentary parking, ‘Build Your Own Hot Cocoa’ Bar, a Holiday Cookies and Treats Display, as well as activities including decorating your own holiday ornament, decorating cookies and letters to Santa. A $50 donation will also be made in your name to SOS Illinois. Pricing starts at $1,200 USD (Santa Suite) and $900 USD (Duplex Suite). Offer valid through December 31, 2020. See here for details.
- Elf-decorated rooms are also available for those who don’t want to splurge on a suite.